The following moving and delivery guidelines have been developed to ensure a safe and efficient move for you and your organization. Following these guidelines will expedite your move and protect the people handling the move as well as your property and the building itself. These guidelines are in no way meant to hamper or restrict your moving process, but rather to safeguard the elements involved in the process. Please let us know how we can best assist you with your move. We would be happy to answer any further questions you may have.
- Notify us as soon as possible as to the date and time of your scheduled move. All moving arrangements must be cleared by the Tenant Services Coordinator. All moves will be scheduled on a first come first served basis.
- Remember office moves (3 or more pieces of furniture) may only occur on the weekends or after 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Large deliveries (other than furniture) must be prearranged with the Tenant Services Coordinator and are usually allowed from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.; 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., and after 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and on weekends.
- Large moves must be handled through the freight elevator. The building will provide pads to protect the freight elevator.
- The building point of entry would be through the P3 garage area, moving contractor must protect floors & walls with exceptable material to prevent damage.
The moving company or any contractor must provide a CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE with the following requirements shown below:
Contractors Certificate of Insurance Requirements
The insurance required of the contractor and all subcontractors shall be supplied by companies licensed to do business in the state of New York and acceptable to the owner. It shall be written for not less than the limits of liability specified below, or that is required by law, whichever is greater.
Contractor/Vendor shall obtain, at its own expense, a comprehensive general liability insurance policy, which shall name the Owner, Fee Owner (if applicable), Managing Agent, its officers, directors and employees as additional insureds, with limits of liability of at least $1,000,000, (insurance limits should be confirmed according to company policy and the scope of work being performed) combined for bodily injury and property damage. All such insurance shall be primary of any other valid and collectible insurance of Owner/Managing Agent. The insurance shall provide for all claims for personal injury, wrongful death property damage arising out of the performance of this agreement.
- Workers Compensation as required by statute and employer’s liability in the amount of the legal limit per person, per incident.
- Commercial General Liability Insurance via combined single limit (CSL) coverage shall be maintained for not less than $ 1,000,000 per occurrence for Bodily Injury and Property Damage, with a policy aggregate of not less than $ 3,000,000 for Bodily Injury and Property Damage, with umbrella liability insurance coverage of $ 3,000,000 per occurrence. Automobile Liability Insurance providing coverage for all owned, leased, hired or non-owned vehicles in which the minimum limit of liability for injuries, including accidental death and property damage, shall be $ 1,000,000 for any one occurrence with excess liability insurance coverage of not less than $ 3,000,000 per occurrence.
- Completed Operations Liability coverage for a period of two years following substantial completion if the work, with a policy aggregate of $ 3,000,000.
- Builder’s Risk Insurance, to the extent not including under the General Liability Insurance required to be provided by the contractor.
- Certificate of Insurance renewal shall be delivered to the Owner at least fifteen days prior to the expiration of any insurance policy.
- All insurance required to be provided by the Contractor shall be primary and non-contributing and any coverage possessed by the Owner shall be excess over the Contractor’s coverage and deductibles.
The Certificate of Insurance shall have the following information:
Empire State Realty Trust
300 First Stamford Place
Stamford, CT 06902
Empire State Realty OP, L.P.
ESRT MerrittView, LLC
Empire State Realty Trust